Our team of experts combines profound industry knowledge with comprehensive legal understanding to assist clients in a range of trademark, patent, industrial design, and copyright matters.
We Can Handle All Your Intellectual Property Needs
We offer our clients a full range of Intellectual Property services, including processing applications for trademark, patent, copyright and design protection, conducting prior art searches, acting in IP litigation, drafting and negotiating IP contracts, and providing consultation spanning across Libyan aspects of intellectual property laws and regulations.
The Libyan laws about intellectual property include the following:
- Commercial Law No. 23 (2010)
- Law No. 9 (1968) on Copyrights
- Law No. 76 (1972) on Publications
- Law No. 7 of (1984) on the Deposit of Works
- Prepared for Publication
- Law No. 8 of (1959) on Patents and Industrial
- Libyan Penal Code (1954)
- Law No. 10 (2010) on Customs
- Law No. 9 of (2010) on Promoting investment
The international treaties and conventions relevant to the intellectual property include the following:
- The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
- Paris Convention on Industrial Property.
- Berne Convention on the Protection of Literary and Artistic Work.
- Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).